Check out my website! arielcoleart.com

Thursday, April 25, 2013

7th Grade Revisited

My husband and I met in 7th grade. It is really a wonder that we ever saw anything in each other, because we were both at the peak of our awkward/ugly years. Thankfully live does exist beyond Puberty Palace, and we have both blossomed and matured somewhat. But, for fun, I decided to revisit that "wonderful" time in our lives. Here's a little background and explanation. And, let me add, that while this may look like a goofy little sketch it is surprisingly accurate.

Once my 4th grade librarian made the horrible mistake of telling me I had "eagle eyes." I probably found a book quickly with the Dewey Decimal system, or something. Anyway, to live up to this name, I began to squint all the time, so whenever anyone would see me, they would think to themselves, "My! What Eagle Eyes Ariel has!" Truly. This squint quickly became a glare. People then told me I glared all the time..(which I did, because I had Eagle Eyes) so I began to open my eyes really, REALLY wide, and NOT smile. So in EVERY picture between 7th and 8th grade, I either look like I am glaring you down, or like a deer in headlights. I also always wore pigtails.

My husband was really short and always wore this neon orange polar fleece vest and pants with a zillion pockets. The color of his pants in the sketch is not an exaggeration. Neither is his smile.

Good times.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment