Check out my website! arielcoleart.com

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Polly Want Paper?

I wasn't really getting my sketch on today. I did several and they were gross, so realizing that my baby will only stay asleep for so long, I drew this one really quick. I actually like it. There is something wonderful that happens when you sketch quickly and don't really worry or care too much about what you are doing. You get better lines and your drawings tend to be more expressive. It is definitely easy to overwork a drawing or painting--and let me tell you, I have spent many a long, long night, overworking until my contacts are so dry they are suctioned to my eyeballs, and I have redrawn the same line probably 50 times. Good times. Quick sketches are something I am trying to do regularly to keep my quick sketch muscles fired up.

No comments:

Post a Comment