Check out my website! arielcoleart.com

Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Tree of Life

I have been aching to do a traditional painting. I am really pretty new to painting digitally, but it's all I have done for the past several months. And, as you can probably imagine, my little retinas are sick and tired of staring at the monitor for hours and hours.

 So today, I blew the dust off my watercolors and got artsy. I do love the wonderful ability you have to edit your art in Photoshop, so I did tweak some things digitally.

This is a painting of the Tree of Life, as described in a parable in the Book of Mormon. The tree represents the love of God, and the fruit, is Eternal Life through his Son, Jesus Christ. The point of the parable is that we can each partake of the delicious joy that comes from being a disciple of Jesus Christ. I personally love that story, and I have done several different paintings of it throughout my life. This is just a quick sketch and painting, I really only spent about 30 minutes on it, but I had a lot of fun. Merging watercolor and digital painting is a lot of fun, and it can really open a lot of possibilities. I am happy I tried it, and I will definitely do some more 'merging' in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment